A reference to “you” means an intending user or user (as the case requires) of the Website and a reference to “your” is a reference to you in the possessive form.
A reference to “we” or “us” is a reference to Quillette and a reference to “our” or “ours” is a reference to us in the possessive form.
This document is important and should be considered carefully by anyone intending to use the Website. Should you have any questions or comments you may contact us by email at email@example.com.
As this policy may be updated from time to time, users of the Website should consider carefully whether any change to this policy may affect them, and whether any change is suitable to their continued use of the Website.
What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
- We collect and hold:
- your name(s);
- your email address;
- your website;
- your system information used to connect with the Website such as:
- device ID;
- IP address;
- device type; and/or
- server log information;
- your page view statistics;
- traffic pathways into and out of the Website.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
- We collect your information when you sign up for to our mailing list(s), when you visit pages on the Website, and when you input information to the Website, such as in the comments section of an article.
- Your personal information may be aggregated with other users or be held on its own.
- Your personal information is held on virtual private servers operated by Amazon Web Services.
The purposes for which personal information is collected, held, used and disclosed.
- Your personal information is collected, held, used and disclosed in order to allow you to interact with the Website and to serve advertisements to you through Google AdSense and/or Amazon Associates Native Shopping Ads.
- We use your personal information to contact you about the content of the Website and any additions to it. You may opt out of any of our direct marketing communications.
- We disclose your personal information to the following third-party service providers in order to allow you to interact the Website and receive communication via our mailing list:
- Amazon Web Services – hosting;
- Google Analytics – user insights;
- MailMunch – mailing list.
How may an individual access their personal information and seek its correction?
- You may access your personal information available through the Website and correct it. If you believe we hold information that is incorrect, then you may request for us to amend it.
How may an individual complain to us and how will the complaint be handled?
- To complain send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and the complaint will be at the first instance be addressed by Quillette’s Privacy Officer. We will work with you to address any unauthorised access to your personal information by a third-party.
Are we likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
- We use virtual private servers operated by Amazon Web Services to host the Website. Therefore, your personal information may be in various locations throughout the world, including but without limitation California, England, New York, Singapore and/or The Netherlands. We use the analytical tool Google Analytics. These services are run off servers in and out of the United States of America. To the extent the foregoing is disclosure of your personal information to overseas recipients, that is the likely extent of the disclosure to overseas recipients.