Quillette has been proud to offer an independent source of unorthodox commentary since November 2015. With your support we wish to increase the frequency and variety of commentary available to you.
Jerry Coyne has described us “as a site you should be bookmarking. Think of it as Slate, but more serious, more intellectual, and without any Regressive Leftism.”
We’ve hosted distinguished writers such as Jamie Palmer, Brian Boutwell, Jeffrey Tayler, Toni Airaksinen, Brian Earp, Cathy Young, Sumantra Maitra, W. Kevin Campbell and Heather Mac Donald. We’ve published articles on a range of challenging political issues including free speech, political correctness, Islam, immigration, feminism, foreign policy, and crime. And we’ve published a number of expert articles on scientific topics such as genetics, evolution, psychology, Bayesian statistics and technology.
An open-minded readership has found Quillette and we are grateful to you for your loyalty and feedback. But we are now asking for small contributions to grow and improve the website. And we would also like your input. We would like to know what works and what doesn’t, and which type of content is most valued.
We would love to be able to offer all of our writers modest compensation, as well as fund an additional part-time editor. We currently survive with no government grants and no other sponsorship apart from modest advertising revenue. To grow our ‘platform for free thought’ we are going to need your support on Patreon —
Road map for 2017
With your help we will endeavour to continue to provide a high quality reading experience, including:
- a greater number of articles concerning popular topics such as feminism and Islam
- more book reviews
- further exploration of contentious scientific and bioethical topics
- updated analysis of global Trumpism and Brexit
- your suggestions here
We’re excited about what 2017 will bring. Have a wonderful new year.
Latest posts by Claire Lehmann (see all)
- Become a Patron to Receive our Weekly and Monthly Newsletters - July 17, 2017
- Q and A on the Syrian Airstrike with Sumantra Maitra - April 8, 2017
- On Meaning, Identity Politics and Bias in the Academy — An Interview with Clay Routledge - February 23, 2017